3.07.2008

Buyer's Remorse

I consider myself a good shopper, I prefer to shop sales and really don't buy things I don't need (that last statement is really not accurate). My biggest problem is getting up late at night when I can't sleep, watching infomercials and actually calling in or getting online to buy the product.

In the past few years I have purchased Hip Hob Abs, Gunnar Peterson's Core Workout, Windsor Pilates, Youthful Essence (a micro-dermabrasion kit that Susan Lucci swears by) and most expensively NutriSystem. I thought Jason and I could stand to lose a few pounds and the food looked SO good (not the case).

So last year, I signed Jason and myself up to receive delicious canned meat and boxed veggies for a month. Jason lasted about 3 weeks and I made it through up until 5 p.m. on my first day. We probably could have returned everything but I think we thought we would eventually get disciplined and try again.

So fast forward to the happy ending of this story....Last Saturday, I had the brilliant idea to itemize all the food and put it on eBay. I pulled out everything that had expired, took a picture of it and believe it or not, it sold for $222.50 last night. Not exactly the purchase price, but it is something and I cleared out about half our pantry.

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers