4.28.2008

Why didn't I think of that.

Last week, our pals Ben & Anne introduced us to Top Golf. Genius. A driving range turned into something not unlike a bowling alley, making it appealing to both avid golfers and brand new duffers (to be honest, the line between the two is much thinner than most of us care to admit). And while Judge Smails (Caddyshack) & Shooter McGavin (Happy Gilmore) may have a problem reaching out beyond the country club walls - "Darn you people. This is golf, not a rock concert - go back to your shanties!" - it's definitely a way for the game to reach a new audience.


The concept is simple:
Carl Spackler: Cinderella story...outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac - It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I kill all the golfers they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key."

Jason said...

Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.
Ty Webb: Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Anonymous said...

"rat turds!"

Anonymous said...

so I sayz llama...

Anonymous said...

a real cinderella story

Lilypie First Birthday tickers