8.17.2009

First came love, then came marriage....

...and as of March 2010, we will be in need of a baby carriage!

It is official, we are having a baby! Our plan had been to wait until I turned thirty but God had other plans and we are thrilled. It is such an odd thing that most of our friends can probably relate to. Jason and I knew pretty early on but wanted to wait to until we had seen/heard the heartbeat, had all the tests and felt like we were in a good place to tell others. In the meantime, we just got so used to the idea and used to not telling people that now that we finally are, it seems so new again! I don't know if that makes any sense, not much I do or think these days does.

I am just overwhelmed at the love and excitement our sweet friends have given us. Everyone has a great story or experience to tell and I am so grateful for all the advice and encouragement I am getting from all you girls who have done this before.

So, like it or not, I am sure this blog will have a more "child-friendly" theme from now on.

Here is a picture of our little nugget a little over a week ago. It was really cool because he/she was wiggling like crazy and kept putting his/her hand up to it's face. You can kind of see a profile with it's little nose, mouth and huge forehead.

This is what my super creative husband sent to his friends to tell them the big news.


And this is an example of the type of picture I promise NEVER to post of us.


And a big congrats to our dear friends Craig and Sarah on the birth of their baby girl, Elizabeth, yesterday!

9 comments:

Kay and Rob Stahler said...

Congratulations you guys! You going to make great parents! That picture is scary! Where do you get that?

Kristen Butler Parker said...

Oh I have been waiting for a post like this!!! SO Excited for you guys!! Now, get to Nashville:)

Merritt said...

That preggo glamor shot thing is the WORST thing I've ever seen. Far worse than the Seely monster. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can finally tell the world we are going to be grandparents!! Keeping this secret has been THE hardest thing ever!!! We know you two will be great parents.We want to savor every moment of this time.
love you bunches,
Mom

laura @ peacoat said...

yay! congratulations to you!! this is wonderful news and i wish you all the best.

TeamRiss said...

Hooray for Baby Seely! We are super excited for y'all...I foresee superwoman or superman pj's for your little one!

the boatman family said...

Congrats Jason & Leeanne! We are so excited for you both! YEE!!!

Andy Duty said...

congrats guys! great news!

The Pardues said...

The Pardues are super pumped about baby Seely (and beyond grossed out at that henious couple!) CONGRATS!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers