7.08.2008

Best weekend ever, coming up.

I'm not kidding you when I say that I could not be more excited about what's coming up this next weekend, starting July 18th. Not one, but TWO, amazing things are going down!
First, Mike "Cobra" Kimbrel is getting married. Leeanne and I will be heading up to Tulsa Thursday night to kick off the festivities on Friday. You may be thinking, "Oh, the wedding's in Tulsa...wouldn't it be great if they had the rehearsal dinner at Showbiz Pizza? The Rock-a-fire Explosion could provide the music." I wish., but sadly, no. I'm sure they've lined up something else, though, equally as terrific. Mike and Jenn deserve no less than the best.
Second, and let me shift into full Comic Book Guy mode here, The Dark Knight comes out in theaters. Seriously, I'm way excited to see this movie. Top-notch actors in a movie about a comic book character dressed as a bat from a director that actually takes the material seriously? I'm geeking out.
But, even more incredible...to top it all off and tie it all together with a bow... a photo from 1999. Coincidence? Maybe. Another sign pointing to an all-knowing and powerful God, who loves his people so much he created movies, comic books, friendship and marriage for their enjoyment? I think so.
Batman enjoying a beverage of unknown origin in a styrofoam cup available for photo ops? Apparently.

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers