11.30.2009

Hooray for love.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and one thing our family is thankful for is how awesome Lauren & Michael's wedding was!

It was this past Saturday and everyone agrees that they got hitched without a hitch. From the rehearsal dinner (at the Old Red Museum & Courthouse) to the ceremony (University Park United Methodist Church) and especially the reception (the Stoneleigh Hotel) everything was absolutely perfect! Lauren was radiant and I can't think of a better match for her than Michael. The band was excellent - big shout out to Amanda Baker (McKinney High alum) and Random Axis for keeping the party going. The Seely and Dorff family and friends in attendance were a blast to celebrate with. Mom and Dad did a great job in their Mother & Father of the Bride duties (bonus points to Dad for keeping his composure throughout the festivities).

I don't have any pictures yet - I'll let Leeanne post some when she gets around to it - but I did create some little posters for the occasion. Michael's mother commissioned me for these to display at the rehearsal dinner. There was kind of a Tex-Mex theme to the event and she let me have fun with it. She was also cool enough to print extras for guests and I was happy to see plenty of folks taking them home.



This was pretty funny to me when I was putting them together. Look at the side-by-side comparison, how Michael and ol' Tyrone Power are in nearly the exact same position. It's like he was channeling the spirit of Zorro - mask and all!

Also, Jeff helped me out with this little bit. A couple of posts back I talked about his music blog soundscountry, well, through that Jeff recently met with Rhett Miller, solo artist and lead singer of the Old 97s. He did a song for Jeff's blog and was a good sport by giving Lauren & Michael a wedding wish. I put the two together for a little surprise video for them at the rehearsal. It's a great live acoustic performance, but make sure you watch at the 3:35 mark. Hooray for love indeed.

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers