3.24.2009

"They lifted the curse."

Today, Pearl Jam is releasing a remastered edition of their first album Ten.

Every time I hear anything off that record I can't help but be reminded of that time of my life, around 1991, when Pearl Jam and my burgeoning love of music coincided which ultimately created in me a mental autobiography marked by songs as much as events.

One of the seminal tracks from Ten is the song "Alive." Below is a clip from a few years ago when PJ did an episode of Storytellers on VH1, and Eddie Vedder tells a really beautiful story about the meaning behind that song and its transformation over the years.




Incidentally, Pearl Jam make the list below at #60 with a bullet. That's above average, but like I said, it's not a strictly scientific study.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great, curse lifted, gnashed his teeth and bit the recess lady's breast, we know, blah, blah, blah, update your blog

Lilypie First Birthday tickers