10.22.2008

Back by popular demand.

Due to several (um, two actually) requests for more posts, I'm back. So now I can officially say, "Back by popular demand..." Which is quite nice.

Also back, by no demand whatsoever, is my beard. Usually around this time of year, I like to pretend that I can grow one. I come from a family full of mustache-havers and bearded men, and I'd like to follow in that tradition, in my own patchy way.

You see, while I'm pretty good at the 5 o'clock shadow, after about a week and a half, my attempts at full facial hair look more like a case of mange. But I'm hoping, by really committing to a time frame of about a month (October becomes Octobeard), I'll get that thick winter coat for my face I've been striving for. If anybody's interested, I'll post a pic upon fruition (but only by popular demand!). It's itchy as heck in the meantime though.

Not only that, but for some reason whenever I make the effort, people are constantly asking me "Why are you growing a beard?" Which I usually take to mean, "Why would you think of covering up that handsome face?" but which invariably really means "Have you looked in a mirror lately?"

But, to answer the first question, a) because it's Octobeard, that's why, and b) do you really need a reason? If you do, I stumbled upon this today that should really make you consider growing a beard, if you haven't already, and reconsider, just in case you have.

Click on either image to check it out.

Reason 6 is my second favorite. My top is Reason 1, because it's so true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally. It was worth the wait.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers